Announcements and Important Events
Girls’ golf practice begins on Friday, July 31st. All interested should report to Black Squirrel for 9:00 AM – 11:30 AM practice. A Parent Player meeting for girls golf will be held on Friday, 8/7 at 5:30 PM at Black Squirrel.
Most other fall sports begin on Monday, 8/3. Student athletes need to complete the Concussion/Cardiac Arrest form, the Code of Conduct, the Physical Exam Waiver form, Physical Exam Questionnaire, and the Athletes Daily Self-Assessment Agreement form before participating in any Goshen HS organized activities. If a student has a “YES” answer to any of the 7 questions on the Physical Exam Questionnaire, that student MUST have a new physical exam before participating dated after 4/1/20. Forms are currently available in the athletic office and online at goshenredhawks.org under the athletic forms tab. The forms are in English and Spanish on the website. The GHS athletic office is open from 7:30 AM – 4:00 PM Monday- Friday. First practice times and meeting locations by sport for Monday, 8/3 are:
- Boys tennis: 8 – 10:00 AM and 6– 9:00 PM at the GMS Tennis courts
- Boys soccer: 8:00 AM – 9:30 AM and 5:00 – 7:00 PM at the GHS soccer complex, Need to arrive by 7:45 AM by the GHS soccer complex.
- Girls soccer: 10:00 AM – 11:45 AM and 7:15 – 8:45 PM at the GHS soccer complex.
- Boys and Girls Cross country: 4:00 – 6:00 PM by GHS outdoor concessions near track
- Football: 3:00 – 6:00 PM, meet at the football locker room by the main gym
- Volleyball: 8:00 – 10:00 AM and 4 – 6:00 PM in Main Gym
- Cheerleaders: 4:00-6:00 PM in the GHS Warehouse, located north of the GCS Administration and west of Goshen High School.
- Unified football information will be distributed during the first week of school and the first practice will be on August 17th.
**Soccer and football players should bring tennis shoes/running shoes, in addition to their cleats for conditioning or inside practice. Soccer players must have shin guards.**
A parent player meeting for all fall sports except for girls golf will be held at GHS Auditorium at 6:30 PM on Thursday, 8/13. All team members and a parent are expected to attend.