College Bound Athletes
These links are provided to give student athletes and their parents some resources as they embark on determining the athletic opportunities at the collegiate level.
- NAIA Eligibility Center: http://www.playnaia.org/
- NCAA Eligibility Center for Juniors and Seniors Considering Athletics at an NCAA Division I or II school
- NCAA Eligibility Center’s presentation on the new eligibility standards: http://content.ncaa.org/ncaa-ama/High_School_IE_Standards.pdf
- Recruiting Questions? Send an email to email@example.com for answers
- Information on the NCAA Initial-eligibility Process
Ensure your athletes are on the right track by learning the ins and outs of the NCAA and NAIA.
Thousands of students across the country participate in school-sponsored athletics. Many of them and their families hope that they will continue to be involved at the college level, and for some in fact, this may be a necessity — both for college admission as well as a means by which to pay for college. What may not be as well known is that certain National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) rules play an important role in determining whether this dream is ever realized. Everyone understands that the NCAA and NAIA oversee college athletes but may not understand that there are NCAA and NAIA rules that affect high school athletes starting in their freshman year of high school and determine whether upon graduation that student will even be eligible to participate in a college level athletic program.
The NAIA Eligibility Center has recently increased the fee for athletes to receive an eligibility determination. We encourage our student athletes who have started the process or are considering registering, to take advantage of the lower rate before the effective date.
Effective Saturday October 1, 2016, the NAIA Eligibility Center fees will increase to
- $ for U.S./Canadian high school students
- $ for international students
- $ for U.S./Canadian students who did not enroll full-time at an NAIA school in the first full term following high school graduation
Locker Room Talk
Locker Room Talk is a program that provides realistic and candid conversations about the recruiting process at the collegiate level and the important decisions both student athletes and their parents must face. The links below provide further information on the programs available to student athletes and their families.
- Information on Locker Room Talk and quick recruiting tips: http://www.ihsaa.net/IHSAAFiles/BC12LRT_Brochure1_v5.pdf
- Information on Locker Room Talk seminars/workshops: http://www.ihsaa.net/IHSAAFiles/BC12Seminar & Workshop Brochure.pdf